Frugal RVing In South States - Ebooks

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lightening Storm Tonight

Well, hello. I apologize for my absence the last few days. We have been busy, but rather like a hamster on a wheel rather than actual notable things.

In all, we have gone to town nearly daily, and then when back on the ridge, kind of grabbed quiet time when we could.

The one thing I would like to note is some advice on traveling and exploring. It seems, through our travels that the best way to get prime weather and ideal conditions where you go......

is to stay the heck away from Ken and I. LOL

Having experienced Yuma area's entire annual rainfall in a 2 day period last week, we are now having another full day of light rainfall, intermittently and just now we saw our first (2) flashes of lightening with resounding rumbles of thunder.

I'm not sure if it is an actual record year, but at the very least, it is abnormal. (3rd flash just glinted, and the rumble was a full 5 seconds delayed) This has been the pattern for the last 3 years. No matter where we go, we hear, " We never get weather like this!!" (4th flash, rumble only about 2 seconds off)

Ah, well. We enjoyed today's contributions. It beat the dust down. Interesting to note though, some of the larger flooded low lands still haven't drained since the deluge. (5th flash and rumble 2 seconds off, and a 6th with rumble about the same)

I always like storms at night. They make it cozy. *yawn* (7th flash, distant rumble, and rain tempo on rubber room increasing)

I hear a snuggly blanket, an 8th flash and a 1 second delayed rumble calling me, so I will bid you

Adieu. :-) (9th)

No comments:

Post a Comment