Frugal RVing In South States - Ebooks

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quick Wi-Fire Assessment

As mentioned, we have received the Wi-fire devices we ordered, and it is too early to say too much, but one big positive so far relates to my eternal struggle with using Skype as a connection with my parents who snowbird in the states.

Usually I have broken conversations and dropped calls.  However, this morning I tagged in and as usual, the call was going poorly.  I plugged the wi-fire in, connected it to the signal, and immediately the breaking of the signal stopped, and in mid stream of the conversation.

We look forward to having the opportunity to test it away from a known signal, but for now we are very content with the boost it gives, and we really like the signal strength monitoring which is far more accurate with the Wi-Fire's readouts.

Until we move off and start roving more thorough testing will wait, but we are happy with them as it stands.

I am going to grab a bite of lunch now, so I will bid you,

adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment