Frugal RVing In South States - Ebooks

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A New Day

Today was definitely an improvement.  The sun shone brightly, and it was fairly warm too!  (I began to doubt that both could be accomplished at the same time here) We went for a 2 mile walk and then changed into some stretchy clothes and met a couple other gals at the club house for a new experiment - yoga for weight loss.  

The gal that suggested the program has a disk that she follows, and says that after a year of using it, she was nearly able to do the splits, and fold practically in half.  More importantly, she lost a fair amount of weight as well.  The disk is easy to follow, and has 4 gals modeling different levels of skill.  What I really like about it is that it doesn't require a lot of space, so I have ordered a copy so that when we reach spring break-up, I can continue with it on my own.

As for the rest of the day, I was out chipping ice off the driveway.  Currently, the ice has build up so much in front of the red truck that we can go anywhere in 2 wheel drive, but for the last 2 feet, we need to go into 4X4.  If we can just get a couple days above 0 we can break it up and clear it.

We were also supposed to have the Majestic washer picked up today, but we got a call from the shipper around 3:30 saying that the truck is encountering difficulties down around Omak Washington.  He will be here tomorrow, apparently.  We weren't going anywhere yet anyway.

The final accomplishment of the day was to unload and uncrate the generator.  It is pretty :-)   It was shipped dry, so Ken is reading the manual thoroughly before adding any oil and fuel.  We had a group of guys gather to unload and observe the new gadget. (You know boys and toys...)  Ken has promised them that he will assemble all to demonstrate it's inaugural run.  I did note that it has 2 remote starters.  I have to admit that I am somewhat "wow"ed by its appearance.  We shall see when it actually goes 'vrmmmm'.

The sun is starting to set, and the temperature, as usual, is dropping dramatically.  Any puddles that formed from melting are now resolidifying, but tomorrow is hopeful, and I plan to do a bit more on ice removal after the walk, stretches and lunch.

For the first time in several days we have just heard the geese fly over.  (apparently, between fog and cold, the squadron was grounded).

  All that fresh air and what I have now come call "making ice butter" has definitely created an appetite in me.  (Making Ice Butter - I figure it is an appropriate term for it, the motion with the ice chipper is quite similar to the old fashioned butter churn - don't you think :-)  ??)  So now, my thoughts have turned to the next round of caloric input on the schedule, supper.  

With that I bid you,

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment