Frugal RVing In South States - Ebooks

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Glory's Training Revisited

In an earlier post (http://lifeonourark.blogspot.com/2008/12/troubleshooting-weve-encountered.html ) or 2 (http://lifeonourark.blogspot.com/2009/04/wash-and-go.html ),I mentioned the toilet training of Glory. Due to various stressors in her world at the time, we regressed, and went back to the litter box. Life has now resettled, and I decided to reinstate the training.

(For some reason, the hyperlinking button is malfunctioning on blogger, and it inserts the link over the words instead of creating a link on the words so I have bracketed the links instead for this post. To the blogger monitors at Google, I would love a solution in the comments as I don't like the messiness of the method I had to employ, but I digress....)

It has gone well. I gave her 3 days with the litter box on the toilet (with no slip mats to keep it from sliding off and scaring her) and then 2 days of putting a small handful of her flushable pine pellet litter into the upper plateau of the toilet bowl. She willingly accepted peeing thusly, but I was concerned about possible protests on the other deposits, shall we say.

I therefore would close her into the bathroom when I expected she was due for a deposit, and let her out with treats when she accomplished the task.

Yesterday was a town day followed by and evening at my parents, so I had to trust her to conform, unsupervised. She met the challenge and delighted her Mom most acceptably.

I will now continue with the pellets for another week, then slowly remove them from the formula, but I can again happily state that the litterbox is not required in our indoor cat's list of possessions.

I shall have other matters covered in later posts, but I know there was a particular reader that found the topic of interest, and I wanted to give an update for the benefit of those interested in this pursuit. Goodness knows, space is always at a premium in RV living, and any reduction in space users is welcome advice, I find.

Having covered this brief topic, where this post is concerned, I will bid you

Adieu.


1 comment:

  1. Off Facebook:
    Both hilarious and fantastic... way to go Glory!


    To which Glory Graciously nods, and then resumes window watching. :-)

    ReplyDelete